The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a statutory authority established under the provisions of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (Aadhaar Act 2016) on 12 July 2016 by the Government of India, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- Aadhaar coverage 103% (3rd in the Country)
- Aadhaar seeding: MNREGA:97.4, PDS:99.5, DBTL:95.4, NSAP:84, Education:99, Parivar Register:80
- Before ePDS
- 77 lakh Beneficiaries
- After ePDS
- 71.96 lakh Beneficiaries
Future Strategy and Decisions
- Aadhaar Seeding in Land Records( Support from DCs)
- Seeding in Employment Exchange Database(Support from LE department)
- Notifications under Section 7 of Aadhaar Act
1st State to launch Aadhaar based DBT in MNREGA on 2nd October, 2014
Under Direct Benefit Transfer scheme Rs 4043.99 Crore have been successfully transferred into beneficiaries Aadhaar enabled bank accounts under 56 schemes. Total 185 (91 Central Sponsored Schemes and 94 State Sponsored Scheme) have been on-boarded on Bharat DBT Portal and DIT is in-process of identifying the additional schemes in consultation with all State Government Departments.
The Project was awarded Skoch Order of Merit Award on 28th August, 2019.