A. The Particulars of organization, functions, and duties:
Creation of Department
Department of IT was created in the year 1999 vide notification No. GAD (CC)-5-2/71 dated 18th November 1999 and was merged in Industries Department in the year 2002. IT Department was delinked from the Industries Department & merged in Science & Technology Department including Bio-Technology in the year 2004. The subjects of Biotechnology and Science & Technology were delinked from IT on 13th April 2007 and IT Department came into existence.
Information Technology in Himachal Pradesh
Technology (DoIT) has been created in January, 2004 to ensure the process of furthering the development of IT in the State. Secretary (IT) is the head of the Department at Government level and Director (IT) is the head at the Department level. The Department would strive for:
- Encouraging investments in the IT sector industries in the State.
- Facilitating the establishment of IT institutes and improving the quality of IT education in the State.
- Using IT tools to ensure a SMART (Simple, Moral, Accountable, Responsive and Transparent) Government.
- The Secretary (Information Technology) is the functional Head of the DoIT.
STRUCTURE OF DEPARTMENT STAFF AT DIT
|Sr. No.||Name of post created||No. of Post Created||Filled up Position||Vacant posts|
|2.||Additional Director (Admin)||1||1||–|
|3.||Additional Director (IT)||1||1||–|
|4.||Joint Director (IT)||1||1||–|
|6.||Deputy Manager (IT)||2||2||–|
|7.||Assistant Controller (F&A)||1||1||–|
|10.||Senior Scale Stenographer||1||1||–|
|12.||Data Entry Operator||4||2||2|
|13.||Junior Office Assistant (IT)||10||9||1|
As per the allocation of Business Rules for the Department, following functions are being carried out:
- Formulation and Implementation of the Information Technology Policy in the state.
- Introduction of automation and cybernation control systems so as to ensure faster information processing within Government, including projects and activities relating to e-Governance.
- Promotion of investment in Information Technology Sector (hardware, software and services-particularly ITES and BPO) and related activities and creation and upgradation of Information Technology infrastructure in the State.
- Assistance in development and implantation of software packages for monitoring of key parameters and computerization of thrust areas in different departments and semi Government organizations.
- Creation of Government-Public Interface through unified service delivery channel by using Information Technology and Information Technology enabled infrastructure and also to launch awareness campaigns on the advantages of the use of Information Technology and related technologies in enhancing the standard of living and improving quality of life.
- Standardization of hardware/software platforms for the departments/organization and to ensure dynamic monitoring of their prices and minimization of wasteful expenditure.
- Administrative control of Himachal Pradesh State Electronics Development Corporation.
- Formulation of strategy for a Statewide Internet.
- Development of Information Technology related communication infrastructure.
- Assistance to the departments/semi-government organizations in creating and updating websites.
- Promotion of Information Technology Education and training in educational institutions and government departments/semi-government organizations and facilitation of development/dissemination of educational software and promoting programs in Information Technology enabled education.
- Organization of various promotional activities like national/international conferences/seminars and participation in the same.
- Follow up of Information Technology related projects/schemes posed to the government of India and its agencies and also other players in this field in India as well as abroad.
- Facilitating the establishment of Venture Capital Fund by financial institutions for growth of Information Technology industry in the state.
- Maintenance of database for all Information Technology related material and human resources available in the state.
- Identification of laws and rules which need to be modified or enacted to enable legal validation for transaction and also to develop specific Cyber-Coding for ensuring and maintaining secrecy and also to act as nodal agency/authority on behalf of the State Government for matters relating to Information Technology Act and similar other central and state legislation.
- Establishment of Software Technology Park/IT Park Habitats various e-Governance Project. Formulation of IT Projects, Formulations and implementation of IT Policy in the States & Rules/Acts, NeGP (Capacity Building) i-COSC and Community Service Centres. Implementation of special projects (like Telemedicine, HMIS, Administrative Tribunal, HP Sectt., MC, Treasuries, Local Bodies). Technical advice to various departments etc.
The Gazetter of India Extraordinary
Right to information and obligations of public authorities Subject to the provisions of this Act, all citizens shall have the right to information:
- the particulars of its organization, functions and duties.
- the powers and duties of its officers and employees.
- the procedure followed in the decision-making the process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
- the norms set by it for the discharge of its functions.
- the rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
- a statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.
- the particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof;
- a statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees, and other bodies are open to the public or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public;
- a directory of its officers and employees;
- the monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided is its regulations;
- the budget allocated to each of its agency, indication particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made;
- the manner of execution of subsidy programs, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programs;
- particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorization granted by it;
- details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form;
- the particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, in maintained for public use;
- the names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers: such other information as may be prescribed; and thereafter update these publications every year.
Various Awards received by the State:
Year 2019 : HIMSWAN project receives Express Computer IT Excellence Award during Infocomm India 2019 summit for the initiative to provide triple play services by using SIM based Dongles of Telecom Service Providers.
Year 2019 : e-Office Project received award from the Hon’ble Chief Minister on 5th June, 2019 for valuable contribution towards Environment Conservation and Sustainable Development.
Year 2019 : e-District Project was awarded Best Public Service Initiative Award during Digital India Summit, 2019.
Year 2019 : DBT Project was awarded Skoch Order of Merit Award on 28th August, 2019.
HIMACHAL PRADESH SOCIETY FOR PROMOTION OF IT & E-GOVERNANCE (SITEG)
The Projects funded by Government of India required creation of an implementing agency within the structure of the department and in compliance, the HP Society for Promotion of IT and e-Governance (SITEG) has been created under the Chairpersonship of the Hon’ble CM. Society has been designated as the implementing agency on behalf of the department. Society for Promotion of IT and E-Governance (SITEG) has been registered under the Act XXI of 1860 for the promotion of IT and e-Governance based activities by Department of Information Technology, Government of Himachal Pradesh.
APPELLATE AUTHORITY & PIO UNDER RTI ACT
|Sr. No.||Name of Public Information Officer||Designation||Complete Office Address||Telephone No.||e-Mail ID||Jurisdiction /Units under his control for which he will rendering information to applicants|
|Sh. Anil Semwal||Joint Director (IT)||Department of Information Technology, IT Bhawan, Mehli, Shimlafirstname.lastname@example.org||Department of Information Technology, HP State as a whole|
|Sh. Hemis Negi||Addl. Director (Admin)||Department of Information Technology, IT Bhawan, Mehli, Shimlaemail@example.com||Department of Information Technology, HP State as a whole|