Following pieces of land have been identified for the IT Park by the Government of Himachal Pradesh. The area shown against every piece of land indicates the total area of identified Government land available at a location. The exact area available for IT Park-cum-City / IT Habitat may vary. Locations of various sites have been broadly depicted in this map:
1. Waknagaht, District Solan
Approximately 106 acres (530 Bighas) land is located midway between Shimla (Capital of Himachal Pradesh) and Solan (about 23 kms. from either side and less than 80 kms. from Chandigarh) very close to National Highway 22. This land has been specifically earmarked for IT Park.
The land is split into 5 blocks of varying sizes as per following details:
- Approximately 71 acres (353-15 Bighas) Mauja Majhol. The said land is around 5/6 Km from highway, near Kiarighat.
- Approximately 9 acres (45-16 Bighas )at Moja Dumehar The said land is on highway, near Waknaghat.
- Approximately 13 acres (66-14 Bighas) at Moja Dumehar The said land is about 3 Km from Highway near JUIT .
- Approximately 32 acres 80-12 Bighas at Moja Dumehar. The said land is around 5 Km from highway, on link road from Waknaghat near JUIT.
- Approximately 12 acres 61-15 Bighas at Moja Dumehar. The said land is about 8 Km from highway, on link road from Waknaghat ahead of JUIT.
Apart from this, Land has been provided to Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam at Waknaghat for setting up of Model Career Centre/ City Livelihood Centre in collaboration with Asian Development Bank for skill enhancement of local youth.
2. IT Park Gaggal, District Kangra
In order to promote IT Investments in the State, two STPI Centres are being setup in the State. One STPI Centre is being setup in Shimla and the other Centre is being setup in Gaggal at Dharamshala.