- Department of Agriculture & Co-operation, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India has decided to launch a Central Sector Scheme titled, ?Strengthening / Promoting Agricultural Informatics & Communications? of which one component is AGRISNET.
- The portal provides the end users with the ability to access services through an online platform at their door-step.
- AGRISNET Project will bring farmers, researchers, scientists and administrators together by establishing online information for Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Horticulture and Fishries departments. The citizens can put their queries online along with the scanned photographs (if any) on the web and get the advice from the experts of concerned departments
- The main objective of AGRISNET Project is to create a sustainable data bank of all Agricultural Inputs in the State of Himachal Pradesh containing entries for all relevant information pertaining to Agriculture and its related activities and to access the same through a secured Network.
- The farmer must know about the soil, crop rotation, thousands of kinds of seeds available, fertilizers and pesticides, the weather, water table, animal husbandry and feed, package of practices, price and political situations, enabling to decide what crops to grow and which animal to raise. As the saying goes ? Khet aur Kisan ? Desh ki Jaan?, the AGRISNET vision is to make our farmers progressive, prosperous and high tech, which literally means in Hindi ? Unnat, Samridh aur Uchch Taknique Kisan?
- Development of Citizen Centric Applications and making the services available.
- Establishment of networking among all Agricultural and allied activities Offices up to Block level with State Department of Agriculture and allied activities for improving information access and to provide advisory services to the farming community through use of Information and communication technologies (ICT).
- The offices of Agriculture and allied activities Departments including the District/Sub-Division/Block level offices need to be connected through a Network based on HIMSWAN.
- Improved information access and effective delivery of services to the farming community
- Establishing Agriculture on-line
- Faster and efficient Redressal of Farmers? Grievances
- Efficient and improved communication system among all the offices of the department of Agriculture in the state through the use of e-mails services
- Improved transparency and accountability of the Departments
- Direct feedback from the farming community to the decision makers in the state
- Better monitoring of Government Schemes, which directly impact the farmers
- Efficient management (Development, Conservation, allocation and utilization) of resources
- Improved productivity and profitability of farmers through better advisory systems
- Efficient & Increased utilization of Information by Stakeholders for their decision-making